PA Official Makes Groundbreaking Visit to Kuwait
The PA official in charge of the Jerusalem File, Faisal Husseini, arrived Tuesday in Kuwait, the first visit by a high-ranking Palestinian official since Kuwaiti-Palestinian ties were strained 10 years ago, reported the official Kuwait news agency (KUNA).
A source told the agency that Husseini’s visit would be of paramount significance.
"The visit is basically aimed at participation in the second conference of resisting normalization of ties with Israel," he said. The official expressed his confidence that the visit would boost the cordial relations between Kuwait and the PA, said the agency.
Palestinian-Kuwaiti relations were severed when the Palestinian leadership supported Iraq during the Gulf War.
The support shown by the Kuwait government and people for the Palestinian Intifada was seen as a sign of possible reconciliation – Albawaba.com
- Kuwaiti MP Admits Offending PA’s Husseini, Calls for Mending Kuwaiti-Arab Fences
- New groundbreaking law set to attract Foreign Direct Investments to Kuwait
- PLO admits it can't pay fine in New York lawsuit
- Israel kills Palestinian policeman in Rafah as PA forces make arrests in connection to attack on Americans
- Palestinian Suicide Bomber, Israeli Killed in Explosion as PA Makes Arrests