PA Official Makes Groundbreaking Visit to Kuwait
The PA official in charge of the Jerusalem File, Faisal Husseini, arrived Tuesday in Kuwait, the first visit by a high-ranking Palestinian official since Kuwaiti-Palestinian ties were strained 10 years ago, reported the official Kuwait news agency (KUNA).
A source told the agency that Husseini’s visit would be of paramount significance.
"The visit is basically aimed at participation in the second conference of resisting normalization of ties with Israel," he said. The official expressed his confidence that the visit would boost the cordial relations between Kuwait and the PA, said the agency.
Palestinian-Kuwaiti relations were severed when the Palestinian leadership supported Iraq during the Gulf War.
The support shown by the Kuwait government and people for the Palestinian Intifada was seen as a sign of possible reconciliation – Albawaba.com
- Husseini Hopes Restoration of Kuwaiti-Palestinian Ties
- Kuwait MPS Refuse to Discuss PA Relations
- Kuwaiti MP Admits Offending PA’s Husseini, Calls for Mending Kuwaiti-Arab Fences
- Arafat Cuts Short Visit to Brussels to Receive Faisal Husseini’s Body in Amman
- PNC Speaker Optimistic over Future of Palestinian-Kuwait Ties