Pakistani President to visit Morocco
Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf is due to travel to Morocco Thursday, in the framework of his North African tour.
Musharraf began a two-day official visit to Algeria on Wednesday, the first by a Pakistani head of state in over three decades.
Musharraf was met Wednesday at Houari Boumediene airport by Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and members of the government.
His visit highlighted, "the common desire of the authorities of both countries to imbue bilateral relations with a new dynamic," officials said, according to AFP.
The Pakistani leader was expected to sign several cooperation accords with his Algerian hosts during the visit. In addition, he was expected to discuss key regional and international events and issues with Bouteflika.
Musharraf is accompanied on his visit by his wife and Pakistani businessmen. (Albawaba.com)
- Algerian-Portuguese relations cemented by Bouteflika's visit
- Moroccan King receives Pakistani President for talks
- Pakistani FM to Attend Morocco OIC Session on Jerusalem
- Visiting Afghan President Ashraf Ghani (2nd L) receives a bouquet from a Pakistani youth during his arrival
- Sources: Pakistani President to visit Iran