Palestinian Activist Killed in Fight with Israeli Troops in West Bank
Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian in the West Bank early Monday, a hospital source told AFP.
Mohammed Riwan, 25, an activist in the Islamic resistance movement Hamas, died in an exchange of fire with Israeli army elite troops in the Palestinian autonomous village of Tel near Nablus.
Two other Palestinians were arrested during the raid which followed the killing of one Israeli and the wounding of another by a Palestinian near the village of Kfar Hess, northeast of Tel Aviv and close to the Green Line separating the West Bank from Israel.
The latest deaths brought to 968 the number of people killed since the start of the Intifada or uprising in September last year, including 757 Palestinians and 189 Israelis, according to AFP’s tally.
Meanwhile, the official Palestinian news agency (WAFA) reported that occupation forces guarding Jewish settlements near Khan Younis in the Gaza Strip fired heavy machineguns and tank shells at the Austrian quarter and the west part of the refugee camp in the city. No injuries were reported, but material damage was inflicted on civilian properties.
The agency did not mention if there had been an exchange of fire in the area – Albawaba.com
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Three Palestinians, Wound 31 in Gaza, West Bank
- Israeli forces kill six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israeli Tanks Kill Palestinian, Injure at Least Three in Gaza Refugee Camp
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists
- Israel kills Palestinian, arrests 20 others