Palestinian attack in northern Gaza Strip: Two Israeli soldiers shot dead, at least one Palestinian killed
Two Israeli soldiers were killed and two wounded in a shooting attack close to the Dugit settlement in the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday.
At least one Palestinian attacker was shot and killed in the incident, Israeli officials said. Israel's Channel Two television reported that other Palestinians were involved in the attack and it was not immediately clear if they were shot or escaped.
The attack was claimed by the military wing of Hamas, the Ezzedine al-Qassem Brigades in a statement faxed to AFP in Gaza.
Earlier Saturday, according to Israeli press reports, Israeli troops thwarted an attempt to carry out a bombing attack adjacent to Dugit. Soldiers detected a vehicle and opened fire on it, causing the explosive device inside to explode, the reports said.
According to officers in the area, the vehicle contained more than 150 kilograms of explosives, a gas tank and mortar shells. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Israeli soldiers shot dead in Hebron; Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Four Israeli soldiers killed in tank blast; Hamas claims attack
- Three Palestinians dead as Israeli troops blow up Gaza home of Hamas leader
- Israeli soldier shot dead in West Bank, Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, One settler shot dead in W. Bank