Palestinian boy shot dead as Islamic Jihad claims rocket attacks
Israeli snipers shot and killed a Palestinian teenager and wounded another person Friday during a pre-dawn raid in the West Bank city of Nablus, relatives of the dead boy said. According to the AP, they identified him as Amer Basiouny, 15, and said he was hit when he went out on the roof of the family house after he heard the sound of gunfire.
Later, a Palestinian rocket hit a strategic facility in the Israeli city of Ashkelon. Following this, Israeli forces fired artillery at the northern Gaza Strip. Palestinians fired at least five rockets at Israel on Friday, Haaretz reported.
Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the rocket fire.
- Three Israelis wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops
- Gaza Strip: At least three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in W. Bank, Islamic Jihad member dies of wounds
- Rocket fired from Gaza as Palestinian shot dead