Palestinian dead in West Bank as Israel bombs Gaza Strip
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian activist in a clash in a refugee camp near the West Bank city of Nablus on Friday. Occupation soldiers exchanged fire with Palestinian fighters during an arrest raid near Nablus. Two Israeli soldiers were also wounded in the gunbattle and another Palestinian was arrested.
Four of the Palestinian's family members were wounded in the exchange of fire, Palestinian sources said.
Meanwhile, Palestinians fired two Qassam rockets at southern Israel early Friday. The rockets, which landed south of Ashkelon, caused no injuries or damage, Israel Radio reported.
Earlier Friday, Israeli helicopters fired missiles at two Gaza offices of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Fatah. The air strike destroyed the offices, Palestinian sources said. Helicopters also fired at a helicopter launch pad near the Palestinian President's office in Gaza. There were no casualties in any of the Gaza raids.
According to news agencies, Abbas arrived in Gaza on Thursday night from the West Bank city of Ramallah, to meet with PA Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh on Friday.
- Three Palestinians dead as Israel bombs Gaza Strip
- Israel kills six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israel assassinates senior Palestinian activist in Gaza; Two Islamic Jihad members killed near Hebron
- Palestinian shot in W.Bank as Israel continues Gaza Strip raids
- Israel assassinates three Palestinian activists in West Bank and Gaza Strip