Palestinian death toll over 60 as Israel continues to bomb Gaza
Four women, three children and three men, all of them civilians, were killed on Sunday in a strike by the Israeli Air Force on a house in Gaza City, according to Palestinian medical sources. All the victims belonged to Abu al Dalou family. The house, located in the neighborhood of Sheikh Radwan , in the northwest of the coastal city, has been completely destroyed in the attack.
Earlier, three Palestinians have been killed in two separate attacks carried out in the afternoon by Israeli warplanes, reported Palestinian sources. Two killed in what looks like a targeted attack on a Palestinian vehicle traveling through the streets of Jabalia refugee camp, north of Gaza City. The third victim, Sami al Faqir, died in an Israeli bombardment on Shujaiya, Palestinian sources said. With these deaths, at least 65 Palestinians have died since the start of the escalation of violence in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a representative of the Israeli government on Sunday has traveled to Cairo to participate in negotiations for a ceasefire to end the escalating violence in the Gaza Strip, a government source told the Israeli Haaretz daily. According to the source, the Israeli authorities do not expect these contacts to make significant progress, and thus they going ahead with logistical preparations for the ground invasion of the Gaza Strip.
Yesterday, the Arab League adopted a resolution supporting the initiative proposed by Egypt to negotiate and mediate a cease-fire. Last month, Egypt brokered an informal ceasefire between the two sides, but it broke down on Wednesday.