Palestinian dies, 20 others injured as resistance claims to destroy Israeli tank
A Palestinian died on Tuesday of wounds he sustained a few days ago by Israeli fire in the city of Rafah south of Gaza Strip.
Also Tuesday, at least 20 Palestinians were injured by Israeli troops in the West Bank city of Hebron, witnesses and medics said. According to them, Israeli soldiers opened fire at hundreds of Palestinians who were participating in the funeral procession of Tareq al-Allami, 31, who was killed Monday in Beit Ummar village near Hebron.
Earlier, in the town of Yatta, four Palestinians were injured by Israeli fire during a demonstration to protest the Israeli assassination of Hamas leader, Sheikh Yassin, WAFA reported.
In the Gaza Strip, the armed wings of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) and Fatah claimed on Tuesday joint responsibility for destroying an Israeli tank near Jabalya refugee camp.
Hamas' Ezz a-Din Al-Qassam Brigades and Fatah's Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades said in a leaflet that their fighters planted a roadside bomb near Jabalya refugee camp that "completely destroyed" the tank late on Monday.
"This attack is the start of the series of attacks that Al-Qassam and Al-Aqsa brigades have pledged to carry out to avenge the assassination of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin," the leaflet said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Army Enters West Bank, 17 Palestinians Injured; Jewish Settler Dies of Injuries
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Police Officer, Wound 22; Child Dies Handling Tank Shell
- Six Palestinians Injured in Israeli Missile Attack on Gaza, 13 in other Raids
- Palestinian Resistance Fighters Shoot Israeli after Tank Fire Kills Child
- Palestinian Resistance Wounds Israeli Soldier in Hebron