Palestinian dies as Israeli troops raid West Bank city
A Palestinian man died Tuesday morning by during an Israeli raid on the West Bank city of Nablus. The victim was identified as Ahmed Abd a Rahman, 56, a resident of Al Mahfiyyeh neighborhood. Eyewitnesses said the man suffered a heart attack as occupation troops stormed the building he was residing, WAFA reported.
According to press reports, Israeli troops were searching a building in the city, looking for Palestinian activists who are believed to have used the structure as a hideout.
A total of 17 Palestinians were arrested overnight Monday in Israeli incursions in Hebron, Bethlehem, Ramallah, Tulkarem and Nablus.
In the Gaza Strip, Israeli soldiers on Tuesday razed a three-story building near the illegal settlement of Netzarim, witnesses told the Associated Press news agency. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians die in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Hebron, one in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Settlers wound Palestinian boy
- Israeli troops raid Nablus, Bethlehem; Israeli intelligence head: Palestinians view ''relocation'' plan as ''victory''
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed