Palestinian dies of wounds after clashes with Israeli troops in West Bank
Three separate attacks were carried out against Israeli troops over the weekend, with two Palestinians wielding knives were shot dead. (AFP/File)
A 21-year-old Palestinian died from wounds sustained during clashes with Israeli troops, Palestinian officials told the Associated Press.
Palestinian officials reported Mohammed Yehya in a West Bank hospital in Nablus Monday night after the clashes during which Palestinians say Yehya was shot in the abdomen after throwing rocks toward Israeli forces.
Military statements say a group of Palestinians were attempting to break through a security fence surrounding a West Bank settlement. When the protesters failed to desist when asked, the military said its troops opened fire, aiming for lower extremities.
The weekend saw three separate attacks by Palestinians against Israeli forces. In another incident, two knife-bearing Palestinians were shot dead by security forces.
- Palestinian boy, Old Woman Die during Clashes with Israeli Troops
- Palestinian Dies in Hospital from Wounds Sustained in Clashes with Israeli Army
- 74 died in Egypt weekend clashes - officials
- Palestinian Dies of Injuries During Clashes with Israeli Troops
- West Bank: One Israeli soldier dies, two settlers wounded in shooting attack, clash