Palestinian Driver Sentenced to Eight Lives for Killing Israelis
An Israeli court sentenced Thursday a Palestinian bus-driver who ran over a crowd of Israelis, killing eight and injuring 26 others near Tel Aviv in February, to eight consecutive life sentences and an additional 21 years in prison, said Israel Radio.
The three-judge panel said that according to all judicial proceedings, Khalil Abu Elbeh must "carry the burden of life in prison for each person who gave his life, and an additional punishment for each person who he injured…there is no judicial reason why the accused should not spend the rest of his life in prison," said the verdict.
In a previous hearing, Abu Elbeh, who was injured in the attack and thus uses a wheelchair, had said that he was not sorry for his actions.
In the indictment, the prosecution stated that “Abu Elbeh decided to carry out a terrorist attack in which as many people as possible would be injured.” – Albawaba.com
- Palestinian Bus Driver who Killed 8 Israelis Says in Court ‘not Sorry’
- Israeli Security Claims Abu Elbeh Killed Israelis to Prove he was no Collaborator, Fateh Denies
- Palestinian Sentenced to Life for Collaborating with Israel
- Lebanon Sentences 89 more for \'Collaboration\' with Israel
- Qatar: Two Russians sentenced to life in prison