Palestinian Factions to Discuss Sharm el-Sheikh Results
By Izzat Ramini
The Palestinian nationalist and Islamist powers are due to hold a meeting Tuesday afternoon in Ramallah to discuss the results of the Sharm El Sheikh accords.
“The meeting will discuss the outcome of the Sharm el-Sheikh accords,” a Palestinian political party official told Albawaba.com. The official also said that the mainstream Palestinian faction, Fateh, will take part in the meeting which will discuss the future plans for the Palestinian national alliance in light of the summit results.
The alliance of the nationalist and Islamist powers comprises all Palestinian factions, and has been steering the Palestinian uprising which started in late September.
Fateh Secretary Marwan Barghouthi had announced the Sharm El Sheikh “was doomed to a failure,” and vowed Tuesday that the Intifada will continue despite the agreement.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Factions Reject Sharm el Sheikh Accords
- Marwan Bargouthi: Sharm el-Sheikh Summit will Fail, Intifada to Escalate before Arab Summit
- Egypt plans to host regional summit to discuss Palestinian crisis
- Fateh Says Palestinian Uprising will Continue despite Sharm Accord
- Palestinian Factions Reject Sharm Deal, Want Intifada to Continue