Palestinian Factions Reject Sharm el Sheikh Accords
By Izzat Ramini
The Palestinian nationalist and Islamist powers and movements stated late Tuesday night their rejection of the the Sharm el Sheikh accords, reached between the Palestinian authority and Israel on Tuesday
In a meeting held in Ramallah, the factions issued a statement urging the continuation of the Intifada. They also announced that peaceful demonstrations would be staged in all Palestinian cities on Wednesday and urged people to close all shops from 12:00 noon until 4:00 p.m. in support of the Intifada.
The participants, including all PLO factions in addition to Hamas and the Islamic Jihad, denounced the Sharm el Sheikh accords because they consider the understanding did not meet the minimum demands of the Palestinian people.
They urged the continuation of resistance and stressed the need for factions to present a united front in the struggle.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Factions Reject Sharm Deal, Want Intifada to Continue
- Palestinian Factions to Discuss Sharm el-Sheikh Results
- Israel Accuses Palestinians of Smashing Sharm el-Sheikh Deal
- Palestinians Rally against Sharm el-Sheikh in Ramallah
- EU Middle East Envoy Has New ‘Ideas’ to Implement Sharm el-Sheikh Accord