Palestinian Fateh Member Escapes Assassination Attempt outside Lebanon Camp
A member of Palestinian Fateh movement escaped an assassination attempt in a Lebanon refugee camp Thursday, the day after one man was shot dead and another seriously injured, Palestinian sources said.
They said a hand grenade had been thrown at the home of Jamil Zeidan near the entrance of the Ain el-Helweh camp in southern Lebanon but failed to explode.
On Wednesday Mohammad al-Saadi, a bodyguard to Fatah military official Fathi Abu Arab, was found dead and Rashid Kilani suffering from multiple gunshot wounds in an orchard at the southern entrance to the camp.
The incident has sparked tension in the camp, the biggest in Lebanon and home to some 40,000 refugees. Fatah gunmen have taken up positions in the streets and intermediaries are trying to calm the situation, the sources said – SIDON (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Fateh Official Escapes Assassination Bid in Sidon
- Fateh Official Escapes Assassination Attempt in Israeli Helicopter Attack
- Fatah official assassinated in Palestinian refugee camp
- Second Israeli Assassination Attempt in 24 Hours Fails; More Wounded in Attack on Refugee Camp
- Fateh Member Shot to Death in Lebanese Refugee Camp