Palestinian female bomber kills two Israeli policemen in Jerusalem
A Palestinian woman suicide bomber blew herself up Wednesday at the French Hill junction in northern Jerusalem. One Israeli policeman was reported dead. Another Israeli who was critically injured died later of his wounds. At least 16 other Israelis were reported in light condition.
Israeli police said the woman carried three to five kilograms of explosives in a bag.
Fatah's Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed credit for this attack. The bomber was identified as 18-year-old Zayneb Abu Salem from Askar refugee camp in Nablus. The group said the attack was in retaliation for the killings of Palestinians in Nablus and Jenin.
Speaking following the attack during, Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said that Israel would strike Palestinian "militants" with "all force."
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bombing attack at W. Bank checkpoint kills two Palestinians, wounds seven Israeli policemen
- Palestinian Woman Carries Out Suicide Bombing Attack; Three Israeli Policemen Injured
- Two Israelis and a Palestinian killed in Jerusalem
- Suicide bomber kills two policemen in Iraq
- One Israeli Policeman Killed, Two Injured in Suicide Bombing Attack Near Jerusalem