Palestinian girl shot dead as Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades apologize for killing Arab student in Jerusalem
Fatema al Jalad, 7, died Saturday morning of wounds she sustained Friday night northwest of Khan Younis, Palestinian medical sources said.
The girl was shot in the head by Israeli occupying soldiers manning a military post near the settlement of “Gani Tal”.
IPC reported that the a contingent of Israeli forces invaded Jab’a Town, south of Jenin, followed immediately by a house-to-house search.
In Hebron, Israeli soldiers arrested four Palestinians from Doura, Bani Na’im towns and Kharba Village.
Meanwhile, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades on Saturday apologized for killing a young Israeli Arab student in a shooting attack in Jerusalem on Friday evening, saying that he had been mistaken for a "settler."
George Elias Khouri, a 20-year-old student at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem was killed in a drive-by shooting as he was jogging in the French Hill area of Jerusalem.
The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the shooting. "We will consider him as a martyr like hundreds of Palestinians killed by Israeli occupation forces," the leader of the group said Saturday, adding that they would send a letter of apology to Khouri's family.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for settler killing as three Palestinians shot dead
- Four settlers shot dead near Hebron; Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims attack
- French tourist shot dead in Iran
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims responsibility for Herzliya attack; 70-year old Palestinian killed south of Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Suicide Bombing Attack: At Least Ten Israelis Killed, Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades Claims Responsibility