Palestinian infiltrator shoots Israeli settlers and soldiers. Three women killed, attacker shot dead by Israeli troops
A Palestinian attacker managed to infiltrate the Israeli settlement “Hermesh”, near the Palestinian city Jenin, and opened fire on Jewish settlers there.
Reports say that the gunman entered the Israeli settlement around 10:30 PM local time, apparently by crawling under the perimiter fence. He then approached one of the settlers' houses and immidietly shot an Israeli couple inside, killing one and severely injuring the other. The attacker then proceded down a street in the settlement where he shot and killed two girls, and wounded a paserby.
Israeli soldiers rushed to the scene of the shootings, and the Palestinian attacker fought a gun battle with them. At least one of the Israeli troops was severely injured. The attacker was then shot by the Israelis and killed. Israeli troops initialy claimed that in addition to his rifle, the attacker was also wearing an explosives belt of the type used in suicide bombings, but later retracted this statement.
Israeli forces combed the surrounding hills looking for more attackers for several hours after the incident. (www.albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers shot dead in Palestinian attack on military camp
- Israeli Settler Killed, Two Injured in Attack near Jenin
- Israeli couple reportedly among the dead in Brussels Jewish museum shooting
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for settler killing as three Palestinians shot dead
- Three Palestinian Raiders Killed by Israeli Snipers after Killing Three Settlers