Palestinian killed as factions set to meet in Cairo
Israeli troops shot and wounded a Palestinian man in the Gaza Strip before dawn Friday. The man died later of his wounds.
Meanwhile, Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a Hamas leader in the West Bank, said Friday that an upcoming meeting of leaders of Damascus-based Palestinian factions would not lead to a formal truce with Israel unless the latter meets Hamas demands.
Yousef said Israel must release additional Palestinian prisoners and pull back soldiers from large Palestinian areas, according to press reports. He said he did not have high hopes for the summit.
- Hamas leader calls on Palestinian groups to maintain ”calm”
- Hamas leader calls on Paletinian groups to maintain "calm"
- Hamas official in West Bank indicates new policy towards Israel
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip; Arafat says cease-fire by Hamas expected soon
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian