Palestinian Killed by Israel Fire in West Bank
Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian in the West Bank town of Hebron Friday, reported AFP, whose photographer said Israeli soldiers, responding to the sound of an explosion, entered a Hebron restaurant and shot a man inside.
The photographer added, and witnesses said that that the soldiers then took the man's body, leaving a wide trail of blood.
The dead man was not identified.
The Israeli army confirmed the killing and said its soldiers shot and killed the man, who was carrying a pistol, after people standing behind him threw a bomb and shot at the soldiers.
The killing came amid relatively minor clashes in Hebron following marches denouncing security coordination with Israel and the return to peace negotiations, said the agency.
According to the Jerusalem Post, Some 30,000 Muslim worshipers peacefully attended Friday prayers at Al Aqsa Mosque “without restriction.” Palestinian youths threw bottles and rocks at the Israeli forces in several incidents on following the prayers, but no injuries were reported.
However, AFP said that at least three Palestinians were injured in clashes with Israeli soldiers on Friday following marches in the West Bank denouncing security coordination with Israel and the return to peace negotiations – Albawba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Killed, Palestinians Injured on Day of Rage in Territories
- Death Toll Rises to Nine Palestinians in Clashes with Israeli Troops on Friday
- Four Palestinians Wounded after Hebron Funerals
- Continued Israeli escalation: Three Palestinians shot dead in West Bank
- Two Israeli soldiers shot dead in Hebron; Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip