Palestinian Killed, Three Injured by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
A Palestinian was killed and three others injured when Israeli soldiers opened fire on a service taxi in the southern Gaza Strip on Thursday morning, a Palestinian security source told AFP.
The minibus was travelling near the Kissufim crossing point between the Gaza Strip and Israel when it was shot at from a nearby army post, the source said.
The dead man, the wounded and the vehicle were taken by Israeli forces, and their identities could not immediately be confirmed, according to the agency.
In the meantime, a settler from the Negohot Jewish settlement in Hebron was injured by Palestinian attackers Thursday, reported The Jerusalem Post newspaper, quoting Israel Radio.
The report said that the settler was travelling near the village of Beit Awa when armed Palestinians opened fire on his car from a passing vehicle.
The armed Palestinians managed to flee the scene to a Palestinian-controlled area, said the report.
On Wednesday, four Palestinian policemen were killed in fierce fighting that followed an Israeli assault on the Khan Yunis refugee camp in southern Gaza Strip. In the West Bank town of Hebron, a member of the Islamic Resistance Hamas movement was shot dead by Israeli troops -- (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Troops Kill Hamas Member in Gaza Strip Flashpoint
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Five Palestinians shot dead in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israeli fire kills four unarmed civilians in Gaza Strip, Curfew imposed on Jenin
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip