Palestinian killed in Tulkarem; Home destroyed in Gaza Strip
Isreali troops arrested early Friday 13 Palestinians throughout the West Bank. In Tulkarm, one Tanzim activist, was killed by Israeli fire. Soldiers shot at the activist, who was wounded and later died of his injuries.
Near Ramallah, Israeli troops detained a Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine operative, known to be involved in several shooting attacks, Israeli media reports said.
In the Gaza Strip, Israeli troops entered the city of Khan Yunis and demolished the home of Ismaeel Ashur, who killed two Israelis in a shooting attack in the settlement of Rafiah Yam on Wednesday morning.
Palestinans said that dozens of tanks, armored vehicles and jeeps accompanied the troops in their operation in the city.
Meanwhile, a German Red Cross official kidnapped by four armed Palestinians was released Thursday just hours after he was abducted in front of his office in the Gaza Strip, a Red Cross official said.
Nicolai Panke, who runs the Red Cross office in the southern Gaza town of Khan Younis, was seized around midday while he was assisting people who had their houses demolished by Israeli troops, a Red Cross spokeswoman said.
"Nicolai has been released, we've just been informed" said spokeswoman Alexandra Matijevic. "He is in good health," she said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians killed near Nablus; Red Cross official kidnapped in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israeli raid on Jenin ends
- Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Four Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli forces raid Nablus