Palestinian Official: Palestinians, Israelis Hold another Round of Contacts
Senior Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat met with Israeli officials somewhere in Israel early Friday afternoon for the second round of high-level contacts in less than 24 hours, a senior Palestinian official told AFP.
The meeting, which began around 12:30 PM (1030 GMT) follows one overnight between Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli Foreign Minister Shlomo Ben Ami to study the possibility of resuming peace negotiations.
Neither the identity of the Israelis meeting with Erakat, nor the location of the meeting, were disclosed by the official, who asked to remain anonymous.
It was not immediately possible to confirm the meeting from Israeli official sources -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat: Israel, Palestinians to Hold Separate Talks with US
- Clinton Calls Arafat in Bid to Restart Negotiations
- Report: Israeli FM due to Meet Palestinian Officials Saturday Night
- Palestinians Demand Answers over Israeli 'Game Playing', Threaten to End Talks
- Israeli man killed in Hebron; No breakthrough in contacts to end Arafat siege