Palestinian Official: Palestinians, Israelis Hold another Round of Contacts
Senior Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat met with Israeli officials somewhere in Israel early Friday afternoon for the second round of high-level contacts in less than 24 hours, a senior Palestinian official told AFP.
The meeting, which began around 12:30 PM (1030 GMT) follows one overnight between Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli Foreign Minister Shlomo Ben Ami to study the possibility of resuming peace negotiations.
Neither the identity of the Israelis meeting with Erakat, nor the location of the meeting, were disclosed by the official, who asked to remain anonymous.
It was not immediately possible to confirm the meeting from Israeli official sources -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dahlan security guards injure Hamas activist in Gaza as another round of talks with Israel ended without results
- Report: Israeli, Tunisian officials hold contacts
- Israeli cabinet to discuss arrival of U.N. team; another round of talks about Nativity Church crisis to be held Sunday
- Palestinian PM meets senior Israeli officials
- Abbas, Olmert hold another round of talks