Palestinian PM: Israel ''running away'' from responsibilities to Mid-east peace
Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei - also known as Abu Ala - in response to remarks made earlier by Israeli counterpart Sharon that "there is no Palestinian partner for peace", said on Tuesday he is still willing to negotiate with Israel, and that it is the Jewish state that is "running away from its responsibilities to the peace process".
"If the Israelis continue to say there is no Palestinian partner, we say there is no Israeli partner," Qurei told an economic forum in the West Bank town of Ramallah.
"A Palestinian partner exists and is committed to the peace process, but the Israelis are running away from their responsibilities."
Sharon told the Israeli Parliament Monday that he rules out negotiations with the Palestinian Authority (PA), claiming it has "done nothing to try to stop attacks on Israelis by Palestinian militants". (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian PM urges US not to recognize West Bank settlement blocs, to restrict right of return
- New Palestinian PM wants to negotiate quick truce with Israel
- Sources: Palestinian Prime Minister delays expected meeting with Israeli counterpart
- Israel, PA hold low level contacts
- Arafat slams Israeli Prime Minister's ''vision of peace''