Palestinian PM plans to quit in three weeks
Interim Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei told the ruling Fatah party Sunday he does not plan to keep his job when a new Cabinet is formed in three weeks, Fatah officials said.
Speaking after a meeting of the Fatah central committee, Qurei said that a new government would be formed in three weeks "with a new prime minister, too."
Qurei currently presides over an emergency Cabinet appointed a week ago by Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
On Sunday, Qurei told Fatah officials he did not plan to stay on as prime minister when the emergency government's term expires in three weeks. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Fatah claims suicide attack near Tulkarem as Qurei reportedly asks Arafat to quit
- In Ramallah: Arafat meets Fatah leaders to pick new Cabinet ministers
- Sources: Palestinian Prime Minister designate to form emergency cabinet
- Fatah lawmakers agree to support new Palestinian cabinet
- Qurei to present new Palestinian cabinet list; vote expected Wednesday