Palestinian PM starts Syria visit
Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei arrived in Damascus Sunday via the Syrian-Jordanian border Nasib center in Daraa Governorate. Qurei, in a statement to SANA, underlined the “deep-rooted fraternal ties connecting the Syrian-Palestinian brotherly peoples.”
“The visit comes within the framework of the continuous cooperation, coordination and consultation with our brothers in Syria and to brief them on the latest developments of the situation on the Palestinian arena particularly after the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and intensifying settlement in the West Bank and Jerusalem,” Qurei said.
He added: “We want to listen to the Syrian leadership opinions and advices about such issues.”
During his stay in Damascus, the Palestinian premier is expected to meet heads of Palestinian factions based in the Syrian capital in addition to meetings with top Syrian officials.
- Palestinian leadership meet Syrian Premier; plan to brief GCC heads on upcoming elections
- Palestinian Prime Minister to hold talks with President Assad in Syria
- Historic meeting between President Assad and PA leaders
- Mufti of Jerusalem: Syrian President Promised to Recognize Palestinian Passport
- PLO’s Abu Mazen in Damascus with Message from Arafat