Palestinian President Leaves Gaza for Rome
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat left Gaza Wednesday for Rome, on the first leg of a tour that will also take him to Spain, his adviser Nabil Abu Rudeina said.
He will discuss the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the role Europe could play to push them forward with Italian leaders, Abu Rudeina said.
During his one-day stay in Rome Thursday he will have talks with President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Prime Minister Giuliano Amato and Foreign Minister Lamberto Dini.
Arafat will move on to Spain Friday where he will meet officials including Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Socialist International Aide to Meet with Arafat, Barak
- Peres to Meet with Italian PM, Vatican Officials over Middle East Crisis
- Arafat Arrives in Tunisia to Attend a Rally against Israeli Violence
- Arafat Discusses Heated Situation with Blair, Spain’s FM
- Radio: Israeli, Palestinian Officials Meet on Peace Talks