Palestinian Refugees in Syria Rally in Support of Aqsa Intifada
Demonstrations were renewed in the Palestinian camps to the south of the Syrian capital, Damascus after prayers Friday , but they were confined to camp areas in response to previous warnings by the Syrian authorities, said organizers
Thousands of the protestors marched through the Palestine and Yarmouk camps chanting anti-Israel, anti- US slogans, while holding the flags of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
All Damascus-based Palestinian factions were represented at the rally, which came within a series of protests against Israeli practices in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
This is the second time that rallies have been restricted to the camps. In previous demonstrations in Damascus, marchers sought to reach the US embassy but their way was blocked by the Syrian security forces following an attack that caused minor damages to the embassy building early October.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Refugees in Jordan to Rally in Support for Intifada
- Palestinian Refugees in Syria Stage Rally in Solidarity with Intifada
- Second anniversary of Al Aqsa Intifada: Two Palestinians killed in Gaza; Fatah, Hamas pledge to continue struggle
- Thousands of Palestinian Refugees in Syria Demonstrate against Israel
- Mustafa Amar Participates in Palestinian Refugee Camps Demonstrations