Palestinian Shot Dead After Hitting With Car Two Israelis Near Tel Aviv
An unarmed Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli security forces and passersby Monday morning after he struck two Israelis with a car on Jabotinsky Street on Ramat Gan-Bnai Brak border, north of Tel Aviv.
Earlier on Monday the Palestinian broke through an Israeli roadblock, striking a soldier, then drove to Petah Tikva, where he crashed into an Israeli car, injuring two more Israelis. The Palestinian and a passenger who accompanied him then commandeered the Israelis' vehicle, driving it to Ramat Gan.
None of the Israelis' injuries were life-threatening, initial reports said. One of the two Israelis injured in the Ramat Gan incident was a policeman, who was among those who fired on the Palestinian.
Witnesses intiatially said the Palestinian opened fire with a pistol, but was mortally wounded before his handgun fire struck anyone. Police officials later conveyed the Palestinian had not opened fire, reported Haaretz.
The second Palestinian was arrested at the scene. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Kills Two Israelis, Wounds 13 Near Israeli Bus Station
- Israeli troops kill seven Palestinians; Three Israelis wounded in Palestinian attack near Tel Aviv
- Armed Palestinian Attacks Settlement in the Jordan Valley; Kills One, Injures Four
- West Bank: Palestinian killed, four Israelis wounded
- Israeli killed, other wounded in missile attack; Palestinians stab Israelis in West Bank