Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
Palestinians fired three Qassam rockets Sunday from the Gaza Strip at targets in the western Negev area in Israel.
According to media reports, two of the rockets fired Sunday
afternoon landed near a kibbutz in the area. There were no
injuries, but damage was caused to a factory, Army Radio
Earlier, Israeli troops killed a Palestinian fighter in the Gaza Strip. According to Israel Radio, the troops thwarted an attack when they located three Palestinian fighters trying to place a bomb in the southern Gaza Strip settlement of Morag.
The soldiers opened fire, killing one of the Palestinians.
Meanwhile, Palestinians early Sunday morning fired a home-made Qassam rocket at the Israeli town of Sderot, Israel Radio reported. A road was damaged.
Elsewhere, Israeli forces continued their operation in the Rafah refugee camp. The Israeli troops met with much resistance during the Rafah operation and Israeli officers said they were surprised by the extent of the Palestinian firepower, including the hundreds of bombs, grenades and anti-tank missiles Palestinians threw at the troops, Israel Radio reported.
Eight Palestinians were killed during the raid. (Albawaba.com)
- Rocket fired from Gaza as Palestinian shot dead
- Israeli troops ”end” Gaza raid as Palestinians fire Qassam rockets on Israeli town
- Qassam rockets land in Southern Israel as Israeli forces kill Palestinian fighter in Rafah
- Palestinian Security Officer Shot Dead in Southern Gaza Strip
- Four Palestinians, including woman, shot dead in Gaza Strip as rockets hit Israeli town