Palestinian shot dead as Israel claims arrest of bomber
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian fighter along the Gaza Strip-Israel border early on Monday, Palestinian medics and security sources said. According to Reuters, soldiers killed the activist from the Popular Resistance Committees as he planted explosives near a security fence separating Israel from the Gaza Strip, an army spokesman said.
After the shooting, the army fired artillery rounds at empty fields in northern Gaza Strip. Palestinian gunners had launched rockets into the Jewish state overnight, a military spokesman said.
In the occupied West Bank, Israeli forces arrested two Palestinians carrying a bomb in a bag, Israeli sources conveyed. They said the arrests thwarted a bomb attack planned for Jerusalem on Monday. Israel Army radio said one of the two arrested men was a suicide bomber and the other was his accomplice. They were arrested near Nablus. Israel claims they were members of Fatah's military wing.
- Palestinian shot dead in West Bank as Israel claims to foil bombing attack
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah
- PFLP claims bombing attack in Gaza Strip; Two Palestinians shot dead in West Bank
- Israeli Forces Move Into Jenin; Suicide Bomber Shot Dead Near Tulkarem; PA: Rajoub Violated Orders
- Palestinian shot dead in West Bank; alleged suicide bomber arrested