Palestinian shot dead near Nablus; Israeli unit nabs Tanzim activist
A Palestinian teenager was killed by Israeli fire during clashes in the Askar refugee camp near the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian medical sources said. Rami Kutush, a 19-year-old camp refugee, was killed and two other Palestinians wounded by Israeli gunfire, the sources said.
Israeli troops opened fire on Palestinians who were throwing stones at them, Palestinian witnesses said. The incidents occurred during a curfew in the Nablus area.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, an undercover Israeli military unit arrested Nizar Zaydan, a top Tanzim militant, early Wednesday. The unit stormed into Bir Naballah, in Ramallah area. The special unit apprehended the 38-year-old Zaydan, wanted by Israeli security forces, and drove off in a civilian car, witnesses said. (Albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians shot dead in West Bank as Israeli troops damage two mosques in Nablus
- At least nine Palestinians killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip; Israeli troops re-enter Bethlehem
- Israel kills Palestinian, arrests 20 others
- West Bank: Israeli forces kill three Palestinians
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Settlers wound Palestinian boy