Palestinian shot dead in Rafah as more houses destroyed
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian fighter overnight Saturday near Rafah, in the Gaza Strip.
Earlier, at least 11 Palestinian civilians were wounded in the northern Gaza Strip when an Israeli tank fired on a group of people in the town of Beit Hanoun, east of Gaza City.
Palestinian security sources said of the 11 wounded, eight were aged between 10 and 15; two of whom were seriously injured.
Meanwhile, Palestinian security sources said several Israeli tanks followed by a bulldozer staged a raid of nearly a kilometer into the Sheikh Ajlin area just south of Gaza City on Friday night. “The Israeli tanks ... blocked the main coastal road linking the north of Gaza and the refugee camps south of the city,” they said.
In Rafah, Israeli forces demolished three houses and damaged 18 others in Tel al Sultan neighborhood southwest of the city. Eyewitnesses said that a large number of Israeli tanks and bulldozers invaded the neighborhood, accompanied by a number of Apache gunships, and demolished three houses. Eight other houses were damaged due to the demolition. (Albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians, Israeli soldier wounded; more houses destroyed in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills woman, wounds at least three other civilians
- Israeli soldiers destroy houses in Gaza Strip, Hebron
- Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: At least eight Palestinians killed in new Israeli raid