Palestinian shot dead in settlement near Ramallah
A Palestinian was shot dead after stabbing and seriously wounding an Israeli from the Jewish settlement of Beit El, just north of the West Bank town of Ramallah, an Israeli army spokeswoman told AFP.
A Palestinian armed with a knife approached the settlement at around midnight and had stabbed an Israeli paramedic in the throat, seriously wounding him, she said.
The guard in charge of security at Beit El had then shot the attacker dead, the spokeswoman said.
"The security guard saw a Palestinian terrorist carrying a knife heading towards the fence of the settlement of Beit El and stabbed an Israeli in the throat, seriously wounding him," she said.
"The guard fired at the terrorist and killed him," she said, adding that it was not initially clear whether the Palestinian had managed to breach the fence or not.
The Israeli army was conducting searches in the area for possible accomplices, she added.
Palestinian witnesses said at least four military vehicles were conducting searches in the area. Israel Radio reported Saturday morning that searches in the settlement revealed a break in the fence between Beit El Bet and the nearby Palestinian village of Dura a Kara. (Albawaba.com)
- The Return Brigades Claims Responsibility For Killing Israeli Near Jerusalem; One Palestinian Shot Dead Near Nablus
- One Palestinian killed as Israel uses massive forces in Gaza Strip; Israeli shot dead near Ramallah
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah
- Israeli forces kill 22-year-old near Ramallah
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian near Jewish settlement attacked in morning; four Israelis shot dead