Palestinian shot dead in West Bank as Israel claims to foil bombing attack
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian activist early Wednesday morning during a mass arrest operation in the West Bank city of Jericho. The Palestinian was killed when occupation forces opened fire after storming into a building in which Palestinian fighters had barricaded themselves during the operation, Israeli sources reported. At least 19 Palestinians were taken to an undisclosed place by Israeli forces in this raid.
Palestinian sources, however, said Israeli occupation troops killed the 19-year-old Palestinian man while he was ostensibly asleep.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday Israeli police said it caught after a chase on the main Tel Aviv-Jerusalem highway a would-be suicide bomber carrying explosives meant for an attack in an Israeli city. The would-be bomber was an Islamic Jihad member, Haaretz reported.
he is a resident of the Yamoun village in the West Bank.
- PFLP claims bombing attack in Gaza Strip; Two Palestinians shot dead in West Bank
- Palestinian shot dead as Israel claims arrest of bomber
- Israel police claim to foil tractor attack in Jerusalem, Palestinian driver shot
- Palestinian shot dead in West Bank; alleged suicide bomber arrested
- Palestinian shot dead in West Bank as Fatah claims shooting attack south of Jerusalem