Palestinian shot dead in West Bank; Israeli forces raid Hebron
A Palestinian was shot dead Friday morning near the west Bank settlement of Qdumim, Israel Radio reported. According to this report, the Palestinian tried to stab a settler who in response fired on him and killed him.
In the latest of Israel's frequent raids in Palestinian territory, Israeli forces entered Hebron before dawn Friday, witnesses said. Israeli armored vehicles and a bulldozer surrounded an empty building in the West Bank town, arrested a Hamas activist and then destroyed the structure, leaving after about two hours.
The Israeli military said that three suspects were arrested and that an explosives laboratory was found in the building and destroyed.
Israeli forces have been entering Palestinian areas nightly to make arrests.
Meanwhile, Israeli troops left Thursday Tubas, a village northeast of the city of Nablus, after a daylong operation to arrest suspects, continuing daily incursions into Palestinian-controlled areas.
Additionally, the Israeli military police are investigating charges against several soldiers suspected of stealing $7,000 from a Palestinian man in the West Bank city of Ramallah. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian teen shot dead in West Bank raid
- Israeli forces kill 13-year-old Palestinian near Hebron
- Israeli forces resume raid on Rafah as Palestinian shot dead in West Bank
- Israeli forces destroy Palestinian structures in Jordan Valley, Hebron
- Israeli forces kill Islamic Jihad leader near Hebron following overnight West Bank arrests