Palestinian shot dead in West Bank settlement
A knife-wielding Palestinian infiltrated a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank on Friday and was shot dead by a security guard, the Israeli army said. The Palestinian, described by Israeli media as being in his 20s, had "planned to carry out a terrorist attack" in Beit Haggai, a military spokeswoman said, according to Reuters.
A Beit Haggai settler told Army Radio that he and a neighbour were on a security patrol when they spotted the Palestinian walking among the houses.
Earlier this month an ax-wielding Palestinian killed a 13 year old settler, and lightly wounded another after the West Bank settlement of Bat Ayin.
- West Bank settlement attack: three Israelis killed, one Palestinian shot dead; four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip
- Two settlers killed in West Bank; Palestinian shot dead after carrying out knife attack
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israel publishes new tenders to expand West Bank settlements
- Israeli forces move into Nablus, arrest scores of people; Palestinian shot dead in West Bank settlement
- Palestinian teen shot dead in West Bank