Palestinian teen shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli soldier wounded in West Bank
A Palestinian teenager was killed Friday morning in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip, as he and other residents were protesting against activists attempting to plant a roadside bomb to blow up Israeli armor.
Witnesses told AFP Hassan al-Zaanin has been killed by Palestinian fire. They said residents feared that an anti-Israeli attack would lead to harsh and collective Israeli reprisals.
But Palestinian security sources said the teen had been killed by Israeli troops that indiscriminately opened fire on civilians in Beit Hanun.
Earlier Friday, an occupation soldier sustained moderate injuries after Palestinian fighters opened fire at an army position near the West Bank settlement of Shavei Shomron.
According to an initial investigation, an armed Palestinians planned to infiltrate Shavei Shomron to carry out an attack. As he approached the settlement's fence, the Palestinian man noticed the army patrol and opened fire, hitting the soldier. The soldiers returned fire, but the Palestinian resistance fighters managed to escape. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli aggression continues: Palestinian teen shot dead in Gaza Strip, five Palestinians arrested in West Bank
- Palestinian blows himself up in West Bank, Israeli fire wounds Palestinian in Gaza Strip
- Palestinian teen shot dead in West Bank
- Israeli soldier shot dead in West Bank, Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Palestinian shot dead in W.Bank, two wounded in Gaza Strip