Palestinian teen shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli soldier wounded in West Bank
A Palestinian teenager was killed Friday morning in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip, as he and other residents were protesting against activists attempting to plant a roadside bomb to blow up Israeli armor.
Witnesses told AFP Hassan al-Zaanin has been killed by Palestinian fire. They said residents feared that an anti-Israeli attack would lead to harsh and collective Israeli reprisals.
But Palestinian security sources said the teen had been killed by Israeli troops that indiscriminately opened fire on civilians in Beit Hanun.
Earlier Friday, an occupation soldier sustained moderate injuries after Palestinian fighters opened fire at an army position near the West Bank settlement of Shavei Shomron.
According to an initial investigation, an armed Palestinians planned to infiltrate Shavei Shomron to carry out an attack. As he approached the settlement's fence, the Palestinian man noticed the army patrol and opened fire, hitting the soldier. The soldiers returned fire, but the Palestinian resistance fighters managed to escape. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, Hebron
- 10 Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, W. Bank; Israeli soldier shot dead
- Gaza Strip: Three Hamas members, Israeli soldier killed
- Israeli settler, Palestinian killed in two incidents
- Israeli soldier shot dead in West Bank, Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip