Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in W. Bank, Islamic Jihad member dies of wounds
Israeli troops shot dead a teenager and injured two other Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Thursday, locals said. The teenager, 16, was shot after he threw stones at the Israeli soldiers near the town of Jenin, the residents said, adding that the two other Palestinians shot during the raid suffered moderate wounds, they added.
According to Reuters, an Israeli army spokeswoman said troops on patrol in the area had come under fire and shot an armed man who had been standing on the roof of a house.
In a separate raid, Israeli forces nabbed an Islamic Jihad activist in the West Bank city of Nablus, residents and the army said. Mohammed Kittaneh, 22, was described by locals as a senior operative of the group's armed wing.
Meanwhile, Palestinian sources in the Gaza Strip reported that an Islamic Jihad activist, Saber Abu Warda, who was critically injured by Israeli fire Wednesday, has died of his wounds.
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- West Bank: Islamic Jihad member shot dead by Israeli fire
- Two Palestinians shot dead by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip as Israeli soldier killed in W. Bank attack
- Palestinian teenager killed during Israeli raid
- Palestinian teenager killed in Israeli army operation