Palestinian vendor shot dead in Ein el-Hilweh camp
A Palestinian vegetable vendor was shot dead at dawn Monday at a market in Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp, less than 24 hours after two Syrian workers were wounded in a bomb explosion, Palestinian and Lebanese officials said.
Abed Hourani, 44, was found dead in the vegetable market at the Ein el-Hilweh camp on the outskirts of the southern port city of Sidon, the officials said, according to AP.
Hourani was killed by a single bullet to the head fired by an unknown attacker, the officials said. The motive for the killing was not immediately known. A Palestinian official in the camp said Hourani did not belong to any Palestinian faction.
The shooting came less than 24 hours after two Syrian workers were wounded in a hand grenade explosion in the camp. The motive for the blast was also not clear. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ein El-Hilweh cease-fire may collapse after assassinatin of Fatah activist
- Extremist wanted by Lebanese authorities found dead in Ein Al Hilweh camp
- Another blast reported at Lebanon’s Ein el-Hilweh camp
- Another bomb explosion in Lebanon's Ein el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp
- Tokyo Blast and Fire Kills 44