Palestinian woman detained at Qalandiya for alleged stab attack
Israeli media reported that the young woman was from the neighborhood of al-Eizariya in occupied East Jerusalem, adding that she raised suspicions when she approached soldiers. (Twitter)
Israeli forces Thursday evening detained a young Palestinian woman at the Qalandiya checkpoint between the occupied West Bank district of Ramallah and Jerusalem for allegedly attempting to carry out a stabbing attack on Israeli soldiers.
Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said in a statement that a 21-year-old Palestinian woman was detained after she reportedly attempted to carry out an attack on Israeli soldiers.
Israeli media reported that the young woman was from the neighborhood of al-Eizariya in occupied East Jerusalem, adding that she raised suspicions when she approached soldiers.
According to Israeli media, the young Palestinian threw the knife before she was detained by Israeli forces and taken by Israeli internal intelligence service Shin Bet for interrogations.
Israeli forces have detained a number of Palestinians for allegedly being in possession of knives in recent months following a spate of attacks by Palestinians which has left some 32 Israelis dead since October.
In the same time period, 220 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and settlers. While Israel alleges many of those were attempting to attack Israelis when they were shot, Palestinians and rights groups have disputed Israel's version of events in a number of cases.
- Palestinian woman killed, boy injured after alleged stabbing attempt near Qalandiya
- Palestinian shot, detained following alleged stabbing attack in Jerusalem
- Palestinian woman shot and killed after alleged stabbing attempt north of Jerusalem
- Palestinians, IDF exchange gunfire in Qalandiya refugee camp
- Clashes break out with Israeli soldiers in Qalandiya, 13 Palestinians injured