Palestinian woman shot dead in Rafah
A Palestinian woman died of her wounds after being shot by Israeli soldiers during an army incursion in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.
Sabha Abu Ghanem, 48, was hit in the chest as Israeli soldiers carried out incursions in the center and south of the Gaza Strip, Palestinian security sources said Thursday.
They said three Palestinians were wounded in the operations, including another woman also shot in Rafah.
Five tanks and two bulldozers took part in the Rafah operation, with soldiers opening fire with machine-guns mounted on tanks as they advanced, the security sources told AFP.
They said Israeli tanks also rolled into Deir al-Balah in central Gaza. (Albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: At least eight Palestinians killed in new Israeli raid
- One Palestinian killed, 16 injured in southern Gaza Strip
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip raid, arrests more than 20 in West Bank; Palestinian dies of wounds in Jenin
- Three Palestinians Injured as Israeli Tanks Shell Rafah Area in Gaza Strip
- Palestinian shot dead in Rafah as more houses destroyed