Palestinian Youth Killed by Israeli Army Overnight
A Palestinian youth was shot in the head and killed overnight in clashes with the Israeli army near the West Bank city of Qalqiliya, said AFP, adding that his body was found Thursday morning.
Mortadja Amr, 17, was shot during incidents south of Qalqiliya, a source said.
But the Israeli army spokesman's office said it had no knowledge of any clashes in that area on Wednesday night, according to Haaretz newspaper.
On Wednesday, a Palestinian youth was shot dead near the Karni crossing point in the Gaza Strip during a protest, while a pregnant Palestinian woman died after Israeli troops blocked her way to the hospital near the West Bank city of Jenin.
Tens of Palestinian demonstrators were injured in different West Bank cities during demonstrations to protest Israel’s five-month blockade on the Gaza Strip and the West Bank – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Palestinian Youth Killed by Israeli Army Gunfire in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Youth in Gaza Clashes
- Second Palestinian Youth Shot Dead in West Bank Clashes
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands