Palestinian youth shot by Israeli forces; Israel says explosion at home north of Tel Aviv - ''terror'' attack
Israeli forces Monday shot and wounded a Palestinian youth in the West Bank town of Tulkarem,. Israeli security sources told Reuters "he behaved suspiciously and ignored orders to stop."
Meanwhile, an explosion Monday evening that leveled a home at an Israeli farm community, killing two people, was "almost certainly a terror attack," a senior police official was quoted as saying by Haaretz.
Two people were found Monday night in the rubble of the home on the community, which is located some 30 kilometers north of Tel Aviv and close to the borderline with the West Bank.
"At this point all possibilities are being checked - accident as well as terror attack," said a regional police commander, Brigadier General Amichai Shai, at the scene of
the blast, which took place around 20:30 (GMT1730).
"Two bodies were found at the scene," Shai said. "One was a local woman. The second body appears to be a young man. According to the type of damage caused to the two bodies, this appears almost certainly to be a terror attack, but at this point it's too soon to say for sure. We're waiting for test results from the explosives lab."
Israel Radio reported that investigators found no evidence of gas leaks at the site.
One woman was rescued from the ruins, while three children in the house next door suffered light wounds and were taken to a nearby hospital. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bus bombing in Israel: At least 14 killed, Islamic Jihad claims attack; Bush, Arafat condemn
- Palestinian blows himself up in West Bank, Israeli fire wounds Palestinian in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Woman Found Murdered in North
- Israeli Police Gun Down Palestinian near Lod, Wound Another and Arrest Third
- Metzer shooting attack: Arafat orders investigation, Mofaz and Sharon vow harsh retaliation