Palestinians to Announce Position in Clinton Plan after Thursday Meeting
The Palestinians will announce their "position" on US President Bill Clinton's proposals for peace with Israel, after they meet Arab foreign ministers Thursday, a top Palestinian official said Wednesday.
"A Palestinian position will be announced after the ministerial meeting" on Thursday, the Palestinian minister for international cooperation Nabil Shaath told reporters after his talks with Egyptian Foreign Minister Amr Mussa.
Palestinian leader Yasser "Arafat will announce no position before he listens to his Arab brothers, to discuss all questions with them and take (common Arab) decisions" about the US proposals, Shaath said -- CAIRO (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat to Discuss Clinton Peace Plan with Arabs in Cairo
- Top Palestinian Diplomat: US Middle East Peace Plan could Spark New Conflict
- Arafat Consults with Arab Foreign Ministers on Clinton Peace Plan
- Arabs Insist on Palestinian Rights on Refugees, Jerusalem
- Arab Foreign Ministers Meet in Cairo to Discuss Palestinian Issue; Syrian, Lebanese Foreign Ministers Boycott