Palestinians injured in Nablus, Hamas member home destroyed; Leader in Islamic Jihad arrested
Several Palestinians were wounded Thursday during clashes with Israeli troops in the eastern neighborhoods of Nablus, including the Balata refugee camp. According to Palestinian sources, soldiers fired tear gas and rubber bullets at several Palestinians, seriously injuring a 13-year-old boy.
Earlier, Israeli soldiers on Thursday destroyed the home of a Hamas activist accused of masterminding two suicide bombing attacks in which 22 Israelis were killed. The house in the West Bank city of Nablus belonged to Firas Fidi, the alleged organizer of a mid-June bus bombing in Jerusalem that killed 19 people and wounded 50. He is also blamed for an attack in late October in which three Israelis died outside the Jewish settlement of Ariel, near Nablus.
Elsewhere, the head of Islamic Jihad in Tulkarem was detained by Israeli forces Thursday afternoon. Abdel Nasser Sweis was arrested in a store in the center of Tulkarem by an Israeli undercover unit. (Albawaba.com)
- Home of senior PA security official bombed in Gaza Strip by Hamas; Islamic Jihad claims to have fired missiles at Israeli naval ship
- Israel Kills Two Palestinian Youths, as Islamic Jihad Clashes with PA Police Attempting to Arrest Leader
- Hamas member killed in Nablus, 16 Palestinians arrested
- PFLP calls to freeze security agreement with Israel while PA minister plans to hold talks with Hamas, Islamic Jihad
- Hamas member, Israeli soldier killed in Nablus clash