Palestinians injured in Nablus, Hamas member home destroyed; Leader in Islamic Jihad arrested
Several Palestinians were wounded Thursday during clashes with Israeli troops in the eastern neighborhoods of Nablus, including the Balata refugee camp. According to Palestinian sources, soldiers fired tear gas and rubber bullets at several Palestinians, seriously injuring a 13-year-old boy.
Earlier, Israeli soldiers on Thursday destroyed the home of a Hamas activist accused of masterminding two suicide bombing attacks in which 22 Israelis were killed. The house in the West Bank city of Nablus belonged to Firas Fidi, the alleged organizer of a mid-June bus bombing in Jerusalem that killed 19 people and wounded 50. He is also blamed for an attack in late October in which three Israelis died outside the Jewish settlement of Ariel, near Nablus.
Elsewhere, the head of Islamic Jihad in Tulkarem was detained by Israeli forces Thursday afternoon. Abdel Nasser Sweis was arrested in a store in the center of Tulkarem by an Israeli undercover unit. (Albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad activist shot dead near Nablus
- Israel kills five Palestinians in Tulkarem, two in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza explosion; Palestinians arrested in West Bank
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed
- Islamic Jihad promises to avenge killing of Hebron leader