Palestinians in Lebanese refugee camp demonstrate in solidarity with Palestinians in Israeli occupied lands
Palestinian factions in the Ein al-Helwah refugee camp in Sidon, south of Lebanon on Sunday demonstrated in solidarity with the Palestinian people, living inside the Israeli-occupied territories.
A Lebanese security source told KUNA that over one thousand people chanted anti enemy slogans and condemned the Israeli occupation policy, including the blockade imposed on Palestinians villages and cities.
Demonstrators raised photos of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and set on fire Israeli and American flags as well as an image of Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon.
Meanwhile, the Palestine liberation organization (PLO) secretary in south Lebanon Khalid Arif told the crowd, in a speech, that the Palestinians are the only party with the right to select their leadership in a democratic way, urging Arab and Moslem worlds to act seriously for the removal of the Israeli occupation. (Albawaba.com)
- Palestinian embassy asks Lebanese to raise Palestinian flags in solidarity
- Kuwaitis Demonstrate in Solidarity With Palestinians
- Palestinians occupy the occupied land in tent protest against settlements
- Arab Students Demonstrate against Israeli Aggression in Palestinian Lands
- Thousands of Sudanese Demonstrate in Solidarity with Palestinians