Palestinians Rally at Al Aqsa Mosque
Hundreds of Palestinians rallied at the Aqsa Mosque in the early hours of Monday morning "to stand against the Temple Faithful group’s aggression," who intend to lay the corner stone of the supposed “Third Temple Mount,” reported the official Kuwaiti News Agency on Monday.
Faisal Al Husseini, member of the PLO in charge of Jerusalem affairs, said “Palestinians will defend Al Aqsa against this aggression by force if they have to.”
In an interview on the Palestinian radio, Husseini called for all Jerusalem’s residents to stay alert to try and stand against any attempt to “desecrate” the holy shrine of Al Aqsa Mosque.
Husseini said that the Israeli government and police will bare all responsibility for such an “aggression” which if it takes place will lead to a true “catastrophe.”
The Israeli government had already ruled out such a march by the Temple Faithful group on Monday. An Israeli official said that the “celebration” is to take place in the area of the “Wailing Wall” and in the village of Ain Sulwan of the old city.
The Temple Faithful movement, lead by a former military official Gharshon Solomon, was first established in 1983.
The movement’s main goal is to destroy the Aqsa Al Sharif in order to build on its ruins the supposed “Temple Mount” -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Police Ban Jewish Extremists from Celebration on Monday at Aqsa Mosque Compound
- Jewish Extremist Group to March on Al Aqsa to Lay Corner Stone for ‘Third Temple’
- Palestinians Set to Defend Al Aqsa Mosque from Jews Intent on Laying 'Temple Cornerstone'
- Provocation: Israel to build Jewish temple near al-Aqsa Mosque
- Israeli Police Stop Jewish Extremists Entering Jerusalem Mosque Compound