Palestinians Refuse Cease Fire with Israeli Army
Head of Gaza preventive security, Mohammad Dahlan, said Saturday that he had refused to meet with Israeli chief of staff Shaol Mofaz to discuss a cease fire.
Dahlan told Al Jazira satellite channel that he and Mofaz had talked on the phone, “but there was no cease fire agreement.”
Mofaz had told a press conference earlier the same day that he “spoke to Mohammad Dahlan and Jibril Rjoub [Dahlan’s West Bank counterpart] and agreed on a ceasefire,” according to AFP.
Dahlan added that the Palestinians will demand the trial of all the Israeli officers and soldiers who opened fire on the Palestinian protestors, because “there was no need for that.”
The three-day bloodshed resulted in the death of 20 Palestinians and more than 400 injuries – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Army Blames Dahlan for Death of 2 Soldiers in Gaza
- Israelis Declare Cease-Fire with Palestinians, Pull Out of PNA Areas
- Palestinians, Israel reach cease-fire agreement
- Continued Egyptian, US efforts to promote cease-fire agreement between Israel and Palestinians
- Report: Israeli Soldiers Opened Fire on Dahlan overnight