Palestinians Say Suicide Bomber from Islamic Jihad Movement
The suicide bomber who attacked an Israeli military post in the Gaza Strip Thursday, killing himself and injuring a soldier, was a member of the Islamic Jihad movement, a Palestinian security official told AFP.
The official identified him as Naabil Al-Arrir, 24, from the al-Shajaiya neighborhood in the east of Gaza City.
Israel has also pinned the attack on Islamic Jihad, a fundamentalist Palestinian organization opposed to the peace process that has carried out various anti-Israeli operations, including suicide bombings.
The explosives-laden Palestinian rode a motorized bike at an army post at the Kissufim crossing point used by Jewish settlers entering the Gaza Strip from Israel, in the first suicide attack in the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict for more than a year - JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad Claims Responsibility for Jerusalem Suicide Bombing, Threatens more Attacks
- Israel says bombers in Tel Aviv – Fatah activists from Nablus
- Israel on Alert After Jihad-Fateh Suicide Bombing, US Envoy Says Violence Aimed at Ruining Mission
- Islamic Jihad claims suicide bombing in Israel
- Islamic Jihad Claims Anti-Israeli Suicide Bombing in Gaza